By Alex Davies
If you’re writing among the purposes that decision for asynchronous programming, this concise hands-on consultant exhibits you the way the async function in C# 5.0 could make the method a lot less complicated. besides a transparent creation to asynchronous programming, you get an in-depth examine how the async function works and why you have to use it on your application.
Written for knowledgeable C# programmers—yet approachable for beginners—this e-book is jam-packed with code examples so that you can expand in your personal projects.
- Write your personal asynchronous code, and find out how async saves you from this messy chore
- Discover new functionality percentages in ASP.NET net server code
- Explore how async and WinRT interact in home windows eight purposes
- Learn the significance of the wait for key-phrase in async equipment
- Understand which .NET thread is working your code—and at what issues within the application
- Use the Task-based Asynchronous trend (TAP) to write down asynchronous APIs in .NET
- Take benefit of parallel computing in sleek machines
- Measure async code functionality by way of evaluating it with choices
Read or Download Async in C# 5.0 PDF
Best c# books
LINQ is the undertaking identify for a suite of extensions to the . web Framework that supply a popular method of querying facts from diverse facts assets. LINQ will most desirable in visible Studio 2008, and should develop into the following must–have ability for . web builders. for additional information approximately LINQ, you could try out the author’s portal at www.
Key FeaturesExplore the 2nd structure of harmony five, and the instruments and methods for constructing 2nd gamesDiscover the way to use Unity's second instruments, together with Sprites, physics, and maps, to create diverse genres of gamesPractical educational at the intermediate and complex improvement options in solidarity five to create 3 attention-grabbing and entirely practical gamesBook DescriptionFlexible, strong, and whole of wealthy features-Unity five is the engine of selection for AAA 2nd and 3D online game improvement.
- Learning NGUI for Unity
- Microsoft SharePoint - Building Office 2007 Solutions in C# 2005
- Programming in Visual C# 2008
- Beginning Visual C# 2005 Express Edition: From Novice to Professional
- GDI+ Programming: Creating Custom Controls Using C#
Additional resources for Async in C# 5.0
The IO completion port thread is freed to work on other IO. 15. The UI thread finds the Posted instruction and resumes GetFaviconAsync, executing the second half of it, to the end. 16. As the UI thread leaves GetFaviconAsync, it sets the Task that was returned by GetFaviconAsync to complete. 17. Because this time, the current SynchronizationContext is the same as the captured one, no Post is needed, and the UI thread proceeds synchronously. This logic is unreliable in WPF, because WPF often creates new SynchronizationContext objects.
Context As part of its effort to make the process of awaiting as transparent as possible, C# captures various kinds of context at an await, which are then restored when the method is resumed. The most important of these is synchronization context, which can be used to resume the method on a particular type of thread, amongst other things. This is particularly important for UI applications, which can only manipulate their UI on the correct thread. Synchronization contexts are a complex topic, and Chapter 8 contains more details.
The download finishes, so the IO completion port queues the logic in DownloadDataTaskAsync to handle that. 12. The IO completion port thread sets the Task that was returned from DownloadData TaskAsync to complete. 13. The IO completion port thread runs code inside Task to handle completion, which calls Post on the captured SynchronizationContext (the UI thread) to continue. 14. The IO completion port thread is freed to work on other IO. 15. The UI thread finds the Posted instruction and resumes GetFaviconAsync, executing the second half of it, to the end.