By Ronald Prater
This complaints quantity, the 16th in a biannual sequence, provides a image of the kingdom of present learn around the globe on Electron Cyclotron Emission (ECE) and Electron Cyclotron Resonance Heating (ECRH) and comparable applied sciences. The papers tackle the physics, either thought and test, of ECE and ECRH. The applied sciences of excessive strength millimeter-wave assets -- gyrotrons -- and transmission strains and launchers are integrated. the point of interest is on physics and know-how proper to the learn and improvement of nuclear fusion.
Read or Download Electron Cyclotron Emission and Electron Cyclotron Resonance Heating (EC-16): Proceedings of the 16th Joint Workshop PDF
Best heating books
A reference you'll hot up to
From the historical past and fundamentals of heating structures to the most recent chip-based know-how, this primary quantity of Audel's HVAC Library promises complete details you wish at the task. even if you're fitting, servicing, repairing, or troubleshooting an previous or new heating procedure, you'll locate what you're searching for, from wooden and coal furnace upkeep to new calculations and the most recent environmental applied sciences and regulations.
* evaluate the fundamentals of deploy, wiring, and troubleshooting for various HVAC systems
* pick out the proper procedure for the gap, weather, and needs
* evaluate the economic system and potency of varied gasoline types
* set up, continue, and troubleshoot conversion units
* locate formulation go references, info tables with conversions, and listings of alternate businesses and kit brands
- ASME SECTION VI 2013 Recommended Rules for the Care and Operation of Heating Boilers
- Solar Water Heating: A Comprehensive Guide to Solar Water and Space Heating Systems
- Handbook of Induction Heating (Manufacturing Engineering and Materials Processing)
- Geothermal energy: sustainable heating and cooling using the ground
- Residential solar pool heating systems : a buyer's guide
Extra resources for Electron Cyclotron Emission and Electron Cyclotron Resonance Heating (EC-16): Proceedings of the 16th Joint Workshop
SCHERER 2 , J. FLAMM 2 , M. THUMM 2 , H. HOHNLE 3 , W. KASPAREK 3 , U. Y. G. DENISOy 4 , A. A. E. O. G. A. M. 6 MW to 5 MW. The extension so far consists of 2-frequency units, which use single diamond-disk vacuum-windows to transmit power at the natural resonances of these disks (105 & 140 GHz). For the last unit of this extension two additional intermediate non-resonant frequencies are foreseen, requiring new window concepts. For the torus a polarisation-independent double-disk window has been developed.
16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23 . 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. WAGNER, D. H. , IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. 37 (2009) 395. LEUTERER, F. , Fusion Eng. Design 74 (2005) 199. DAMMERTZ, G. , IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. 28 (2000) 561. HEIDINGER, R. , Tunable double disk window for ECH&CD system of ASDEX Upgrade, in Conference Digest of the Joint 29th Int. Conf. on Infrarared and Millimeter Waves and 12th Int. Conf. on Teraherlz Electronics, Karlsruhe, Germany (2004). STOBER, J. , page 433, Singapore, 2009, World Scientific Publishing Co.
E_ T B'~1)(G) 0 1 2 3 4 I'" ~ 5 I~ 6 80r-~--r-~~--. 5 .. 55 60 J ECCD B(n=l)(G) ,:\ 0 1 2 Time(s) ""',' 3 4 Time(s) 5 6 Radius, p Fig. 9. 2 with various ECCD spatial distributions. 4. (c) Radial profiles of the ECCD current density showing the three different spatial distributions. 5. , it returns to the original parameters after small perturbations without external intervention, is an optimal solution. Solutions like this seem reasonable for stellarators, since there is little free energy in the magnetic configuration and stellarator power plants are being designed to lie on the stable part of the fusion power curve to perturbations in temperature.